Q. What is CrashComms? Are you a prepper?
A. Crash Comms is a site devoted to the introduction of personal emergency communications. Disasters come in all shapes and sizes. These events can disrupt communications and separate families. If you do not have a practiced plan in place then you may end up in wishing you did. Keeping in touch with your loved ones and knowing what is happening in the world around you is extremely important. Have a plan.

Q. Your site is predominately ham radio related. Is that the preferred method of communication in a disaster?
A. Ham Radio offers the greatest opportunity for complete communications in both short and long distances. There are other means of emergency communication, however Ham Radio would certainly be at the top of my list. This site will also look at other means that can be used such as CB, FRS, GMRS, and Carrier Pigeon.

Q. Do you have to have a Ham Radio license to purchase a Ham Radio?
A. No, however you MUST have a license to transmit on a Ham Radio frequency. The frequencies allowed is in relation to the class (level) of licence you have. Communication in an emergency can override the license rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment